Saturday, August 15, 2009

How'd that happen??

So, I cycled over 15 miles this week and have religiously been counting my WW points. As of now I have 26.5 points saved on the back of 11.5 activity points. Not too shabby.

So how in the world have I put on 1.5lb?

I had a sneaky pre-Sunday weigh-in this morning as I was certain I'd have lost weight And we're going out tonight with Jim & Sal, so it was also really to see what I'd allow myself to eat tonight - after all I've got 26.5 point saved!!

It's looking like an undressed salad.

Hi hum. Don't feel as down about it as I thought I would seeing as I've really made a proper effort this week. I'll go for a bike ride at some point today, and another early doors tomorrow before my 'official' weigh in.

Still. Bloody diets.

In other news, I felt more proud that perhaps I should have for making up a filthy joke based on a song title this week. I follow a few celebrities on twitter. Not that many, really, just the ones I find interesting or entertaining. One of them is David Quantick. I've a lot of time for him - from his days writing for the NME, through to him writing for Harry Hill's TV burp, he's a comeidian/writer that's popped up quite a lot and I've always enjoyed what he does. Every so often he'll pop up a hashtag on his twitter account and invite people to make up puns based on it. This week he posted #toiletpop. So you got things like 'The Poo Fighters', or 'Portaloo Sunset'. I chucked a couple up. One of which resulted in the following:


I managed to gross out David Quantick. *grin*

Not only am I worringly proud of that - but also isn't technology brilliant! The fact that, with no hassle at all, I could join in in a silly game arranged by a comedian I rate - and then for him to 'talk' to me, is pretty cool.

On a more serious side, this was demonstrated by the #welovetheNHS hashtag that Graham Linehan (glinner on twitter) instigated to try to counteract the downright untruths being told about the NHS through the right wing American media.

This social networking thing is pretty good, all in all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I played my part in convincing Los Campesinos! to do a cover of something by Kenickie (my favourite band, ever) over Twitter this week.

Next thing I know, an off-piste supergroup (LC!, Dananananaykroyd, Johnny Foreigner, Copy Haho) is being formed to perform an entire SET of Kenickie covers.

I love the Internet.